FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sync issue very weird

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kaelin
Audio sync issue very weird
on May 27, 2015 at 10:09:26 pm

Okay, so I edited this play, and now the client says in one show the audio is out of sync from video. When I watch on the fcp 7 timeline, it seems in sync...kind of. I found a scene where 2 characters are having a conversation. At times one seems out of sync...slightly. The other always looks fine. Then one slaps the other, with an audible smack. It looks like you hear the smack 2-3 frames early, but only when played in real time. If I use forward/back arrows, it is dead on accurate. The click from the smack happens on the frame where hand contacts face.

The clips all show that there is no slip +/- in clips. To be sure I moved one, and it immediately shows the slip on the clip.

Has anyone else ever seen this. Is it an illusion? Is there a way to fix it? Is there any hope? Lol. I need to get it fixed QUICKLY!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio sync issue very weird
on May 27, 2015 at 10:52:00 pm

What is the codec of the footage you are editing? What are the sequence settings? If you have H.264 files, or even that sequence setting, you'll have all sorts of sync issues.

What is the data rate of the audio? It should be 48kHz...if it's anything else, sync can slip.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rich Kaelin
Re: Audio sync issue very weird
on May 28, 2015 at 7:16:43 pm

The codec is an HDV codec, so a form of mpeg2. All audio is 48k. What is weird is that it seems off in parts and not others, but when I scrub frame by frame it is dead on perfect. I found a scene where a walking staff contacts the stage and "clicks" and the click seems early when watched in real time, but is perfect on the frame that contact is made when scrubbed frame by frame.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]