FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I make video effects appear in the footage visually?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rosenfeld
How can I make video effects appear in the footage visually?
on May 27, 2015 at 9:27:05 pm

I've had this problem before, and I recall that it's just a simple setting that needs to be checked or unchecked, but I can't remember what it is and where it is. Basically, the video effects or audio effects won't appear in the footage during playback when this setting is turned on or off. Does anyone know? Right now, I can open effects in the viewer and manipulate them, but the visual display in the palate doesn't change accordingly.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How can I make video effects appear in the footage visually?
on May 27, 2015 at 9:30:35 pm

In the RT menu...PLAY BASE LAYER ONLY...uncheck that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on May 28, 2015 at 6:11:41 am
Last Edited By Eric Rosenfeld on May 28, 2015 at 10:48:35 am

That actually didn't work. I did as you said but still when I move the sliders in color correction or brightness, nothing happens to the image in the canvas.

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on May 28, 2015 at 10:49:45 am
Last Edited By Eric Rosenfeld on May 28, 2015 at 10:50:25 am

I think I just found the old thread where the solution to this problem is mentioned (link below). It's about checking or unchecking "fliter" in the render control tab in user preferences.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/200/881252

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on May 28, 2015 at 7:38:56 pm

Never mind that last comment. Checking "filter" in render control didn't do anything. What on earth could this be?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 28, 2015 at 8:21:25 pm

Got me. Try trashing your FCP preferences. Fixes all sorts of oddness.

digitalrebellion.com has PREFERENCE MANAGER...free...that'll do this with one button click.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on May 30, 2015 at 2:31:33 am

Wow, even Preference Manager didn't help. I trashed my preferences, relaunched and made sure "filter" was checked in render control + RT "play base layer only" was unchecked. Then I went to one of my clips and set a video filter on it and tried moving the sliders around on a key frame, but no visual changes in the canvas. Is there anything else you can think of?

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on Jun 1, 2015 at 7:36:47 am

OK, I've learned some more about what's going on. It turns out that I can add filters to my heart's content to the master clips in the browser. What I can't do is then drag those clips into the sequence and still have the effects. They will neither show up in playback nor will they export. I even tried setting effects in the sequence and then exporting the project to see if they'd show up in the final product. No success.

If no one still has any idea what this could be, I'm going to conclude that I have gremlins and need to download a new copy of FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 1, 2015 at 12:59:50 pm

[Eric Rosenfeld] " It turns out that I can add filters to my heart's content to the master clips in the browser. What I can't do is then drag those clips into the sequence and still have the effects."

Wait...what? You are adding effects to clips in the BROWSER? Not when they are on the timeline? Dude...that's not how FCP works. You add the clips to the timeline, and then put the effects on the clips IN THE TIMELINE. That's how FCP works. You first put the clips on the timeline, then do your stuff.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]