FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing Title cards only

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cathy Koutsavlis
Changing Title cards only
on May 26, 2015 at 3:30:28 pm

Hello,

So I have numerous .mp4 exports that I made from FCP projects and exported through Compressor. Each file starts with a quick title card. The original material was used in Brazil and so the title cards were written in Portuguese, though now I need them all to be in English. Ideally, I would just like to change the title card and keep the rest of the file as is, though I am not sure if this is possible.

My back up plan is to go back to the original projects, edit the title card and re-export the whole file, though it would be great if there was a way to avoid re-exporting.

I have heard this may be possible in other programs but not in FCP but I am not even sure how it would be done, so I just wanted to ask.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Changing Title cards only
on May 26, 2015 at 4:54:47 pm

I wouldn't use FCP for this. It's way old. I'd get another editing application that can handle mp4 without transcoding. Then life get a lot simpler: cut off the old graphic, add the new one and export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cathy Koutsavlis
on May 26, 2015 at 5:00:34 pm

I was thinking this might be the case. Does Premiere have this ability?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 26, 2015 at 5:20:29 pm

There's no way to export only the title card, and replace that in the already exported files, and save them. The best plan is to go to the original project, with original media...change the cards, and re-export.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 26, 2015 at 5:21:53 pm

Yes, it does.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index