FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building A Video Grid

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cathy Koutsavlis
Building A Video Grid
on May 8, 2015 at 7:50:18 pm

Hello,

I have seen similar questions posted before but none of them seemed to give conclusive answers, so I figured I would ask again.

I am trying to build a video grid, and only know how to do it very manually and laboriously in final cut and when I build one it is never as precise as I need it to be.

Essentially I would just like to present multiple videos in the same frame, but I would need to the videos to be the same size and in a perfect grid (straight lines and such). Whenever I have tried to achieve this, I am able to get a rough result, but it requires resizing and aligning each individual clip and I can never seem to make it perfect. I was basically wondering if there is a surefire way to do this, since it is a technique I've seen applied many times before. I am hoping there is a way (maybe a plug-in?) where u can snap the videos into place and they will align correctly and format to the same size, as opposed to having to basically guesstimate or just using a grid template as a background.

I also realize that perhaps Final Cut is not the best program to use for this purpose so if there is another program that would be more helpful that would be great! Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Building A Video Grid
on May 8, 2015 at 9:15:07 pm

Absolutely, and you can have it both ways.

or

http://www.motionvfx.com/store,free_motion_project_007,p776.html

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on May 9, 2015 at 3:29:42 am

in FCP it's very easy to get precise results, within the Motion Tab of the clip

my method is to line it up fairly accurately manually, using the wireframe in the canvas,
then go into the motion tab, look at the numbers and figure out what they actually need to be.

nick

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on May 9, 2015 at 3:01:52 pm

DH Grid, free from digital heaven will help with lining everything up. It's a non-printing overlay designed exactly for your purpose.

Return to posts index

Cathy Koutsavlis
on May 11, 2015 at 4:05:02 pm

Thank you all!

This is very helpful and I'll be trying all suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]