FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color grading in FCP 7, advise please!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vala Smaradottir
Color grading in FCP 7, advise please!
on May 8, 2015 at 3:48:07 pm

I am editing a music video, that I also wrote and directed. We are playing a lot with colour in this video, the problem is that on the morning of shooting our DP got sick and we needed to call in one quick. When he arrived he had absolutely no time to check out the settings on the camera, other than basic settings, cause we were running behind with 45 people on set.

After shooting we find out that the camera was on a setting to decrease green colours, so all greens in the video look teal but other colours just fine. I need the teal to become green without all the other colours becoming different colours. I can't seem to do that without making everything yellowish.

Any advise??

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Color grading in FCP 7, advise please!
on May 8, 2015 at 6:14:14 pm

How expert are you in using the 3-way color corrector? Because there's a feature in it (look at the bottom of the interface screen) where you can use the eyedropper tool to select just a particular sample of green, then you can play with saturating and brightening green-only, leaving the rest of the shot normal.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on May 8, 2015 at 8:26:41 pm

It is called Secondary Color Correction. You can find tutorials online for FCP using that name to search.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on May 9, 2015 at 3:25:03 am

in these instance, i generally use the simple Colour Corrector, (not the 3-way)
as it has a Hue wheel, which is good for spinning one colour into another.

as mentioned above you use the Limit Range function, which is sort of hidden.

you would be better off downloading the fee Resolve Lite grading software ad using that.
Much better results

nick

Return to posts index

Vala Smaradottir
on May 9, 2015 at 11:42:28 am

I can't believe it was as simple as that! Thank you so much. I just played with the hue wheel and voila! I managed to get the right green colour, with as little effort as possible. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]