FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Media Manager not deleting unused media, and creating a new project with entire media instead of edited clips.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zopiro da Tracia
FCP7 Media Manager not deleting unused media, and creating a new project with entire media instead of edited clips.
on May 5, 2015 at 4:49:14 am

Anyone ever experienced this? It only happens in some systems, works just fine in others.

Old app, I know, but... known bug?

Solvable? I found some answers telling me to add a reel number to clips, but MediaManager seems to work just fine in some systems with projects that include clips without reel numbers, so I'm guessing that's not it.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: FCP7 Media Manager not deleting unused media, and creating a new project with entire media instead of edited clips.
on May 5, 2015 at 8:26:01 am

most likely it is the TC track issue.

if the file has no TC track, then FCP wont delete media from it: it believes it might be a unique asset, as in , not from Tape, or Card.

putting it simply: does the file have a reel#?
if not give it one, then MM will do it's job

nick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 Media Manager not deleting unused media, and creating a new project with entire media instead of edited clips.
on May 5, 2015 at 1:51:47 pm

In order for the MM to work properly, the media needs timecode, or a reel number, or both. So...what Nick said.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 6, 2015 at 6:18:50 pm

I thought it also didn't edit down stuff like h264.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]