FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS3 (HDMI) to IMac/FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
PS3 (HDMI) to IMac/FCP 7
on May 5, 2015 at 12:04:19 am

I've read through previous posts and I can't find definitive ways or they were trying to do something just a little bit different.

Long story short I'm trying to go from a HDMI to my FCP7 on my iMac that has a Thunderbolt connection. I have only been able to find a HDMI to thunderbolt adapter but can't find any "thunderbolt" signals to capture from on my FCP in Device Control Present settings.

Is there a HDMI to FireWire 2 (9pin) or is there away to capture from my thunderbolt signal. I'd like to know one way or the other before I go and spend money.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: PS3 (HDMI) to IMac/FCP 7
on May 5, 2015 at 12:18:13 am

Sorry, the only way to capture video into FCP 7 is with an IO box. that is a "video capture device" like what AJA.com and decklink.com offer.

BUT...bad news. The HDMI out of gaming devices are encoded, and the decoder is on the TV, but not in the video capture devices. The HDMI signal won't be capturable. Only Component signal is, and composite. So you'd have to get a video capture device with Component inputs.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonathan Reed
on May 5, 2015 at 12:29:06 am

So how are all these people doing their "let's plays" of video games?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 5, 2015 at 1:06:17 am

They capture component from their systems. Might also be playing from PCs and use screen capture software, like Camista or Screenflow. Or use USB capture devices, although not sure they are HD. There are some capture devices that use their own software, and they connect via USB or something. Mainly I've seen it via screen capture software.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonathan Reed
on May 5, 2015 at 12:33:17 am

I do have an DS Tech Pryo AV link from 2004. the issue is that it's NTSC 3:4 AND it randomly will make the signal go "negative" mid capture for some random reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]