FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu ray authoring software for Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marinos Yiannakis
Blu ray authoring software for Mac
on May 4, 2015 at 4:51:04 pm

Hi all. I am using FCP mostly for weddings. I started changing from DVDs to Blu ray discs but i can't seem to find any good softwares for MAC. I was using DVD Studio Pro so far but i don;t know if there is anything as good as that for Blu ray. I also tried Toast Titanium and i also bought Quick Bluray Creator from the app store but there is not a lot of freedom to be creative on that. Does anyone have any better sugestions?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Blu ray authoring software for Mac
on May 4, 2015 at 6:30:45 pm

Adobe Creative Suite. Maybe Sony Vegas. Steve Jobs did not believe in optical disk based media and practically banished the hardware and apps to support it before he died. I liken it to the Pharaohs having their slaves buried with them:-)

On the non-jokey side, most folks I know of do as you did and choose Toast.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on May 4, 2015 at 6:35:41 pm

Adobe encore (part of cs6) but can install also with CC members
hiphttps://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rob Gutermuth
on May 4, 2015 at 7:39:50 pm

I found toast to be the best of what's out there, besides Encore, which is really the only option, if you want to make custom menus, etc...

But, it's a PIA in my opinion - I guess if you used Premiere to edit with, it's easier to use encore, but for something like a wedding, and doing like chapter points, etc... you almost have to just re-add them all back in Encore, since they wouldn't import from a FCP finished file... shame... yeah, I know about using XML... actually, is there an APP for that? some college kid should write an app to allow that type of Data to be imported in encode...

Or, better still, someone write an update to DVD SP - or do an ADD ON for Blu Ray support...

I WISH I could just do Blu Ray, and keep my HD footage in HD instead of all the scaling and artifact issues I have with going from HD to SD... grrrr!

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]