FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidentally saved general error in FCP and lost timeline, canvas and access to my project. What can I do?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yana Martsynkevych
Accidentally saved general error in FCP and lost timeline, canvas and access to my project. What can I do?
on Apr 28, 2015 at 8:31:56 pm

Hi!

I would really appreciate some help if someone recognizes the problem and possibly knows any solution.

General error ( & red screen) appeared after I dragged a video file onto timeline. I had to quit and restart but happened to save first. Now when I open my project, the timeline and canvas are gone (from the menu too) and clicking on the sequence in browser just gives me general error and out of memory window. I tried to create a new sequence and drag my original sequence into it, but all I get is general error and no access to my film.

Did I happen to delete all I've been working on by saving the project after general error popped up?
Or is there any way to get it back?

Thanx!

/Yana

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: Accidentally saved general error in FCP and lost timeline, canvas and access to my project. What can I do?
on Apr 28, 2015 at 9:52:52 pm

If you are working in FCP7 go to your autosave vault and open the last auto saved version. With luck you will lose only the last 30 mins of editing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Accidentally saved general error in FCP and lost timeline, canvas and access to my project. What can I do?
on Apr 28, 2015 at 10:29:19 pm

I hope you have previously-saved project files -- you can go back to an older project file, with less to do over.

But here's another question: what kind of footage are you using in this project? Please don't say H.264 video from a DSLR....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yana Martsynkevych
on Apr 30, 2015 at 6:08:23 am

Thank you! Autosave vault helped. Lost most recent changes, but most of the work was there.
And yes, working with H.264 from a DSLR. Big mistake :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]