FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Rendering in Final Cut Express

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frost
Video Rendering in Final Cut Express
on Apr 14, 2015 at 9:26:08 pm

Hi,

I need some help resolving some issues with rendering in Final Cut Express.

I have 2 hours of footage that I need to view within Final cut however it requires rendering, when i try and render it the time it takes is insanely long, I want to be able to view this in the canvas area rather than do a full export only to find it isn't correct. For an example of the speed, as a test I tried to just render 1 minute and it was saying it would take around 14 hours.

I have a 2011 iMac with 12GB Ram (maximum allowed is 16GB), the video file is located on my hard drive and the render location is also on the hard drive. The hard drive is 500GB and to be fair is almost full but I didn't think this would effect the speed of the render.

Is there something I can change within Final Cut Express to speed this up or alternatively is there something I need to change in my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Daniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Video Rendering in Final Cut Express
on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:02:16 pm

You desperately need an external hard drive with a minimum of a firewire 800 connection. A faster connection would be better.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Video Rendering in Final Cut Express
on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:18:16 pm

If you put footage into the timeline, and you cannot play it without rendering...that's Clue #1 that something is wrong. For you shouldn't need to do this at all...if you are doing things right. Final Cut Express, like Final Cut Pro...only works with certain video codecs. Anything that you import that isn't a codec it works with, will require a render. And your imported clips need to match the sequence setting in order to not need rendering.

Did you convert your footage to work with FCE? If not, you need to. and then you need to choose and Easy Setup that matches the clip settings. I'm not familiar with all the aspects of FCE, so I don't know what codecs it uses, other than HDV, Apple Intermediate and DV. Look in the easy setup list, and that's what you have to work with when converting your footage.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]