FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get FCP 6.0.6 onto new MacBook Air

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenny Holl
Can't get FCP 6.0.6 onto new MacBook Air
on Apr 9, 2015 at 9:08:21 pm

I currently have an iMac, running Mavericks (10.9.5) that uses Final Cut Pro 6 (version 6.0.6) and I love it. But when I go out of town, it would be helpful if I could also work on my projects then. So I bought a new MacBook Air. It uses Yosemite (10.10.3). When I tried to install FCP 6 from the discs that I have, I did have a little difficulty getting it loaded, but it did appear to eventually load because I was able to open FCP. But after plugging in my external drive with the projects I have been working on, I tried to open one of those projects. It would not open, giving me the warning "File's format is too new for this application." It trend out that when I loaded the application, it only loaded version 6.0.1. I called Apple to see if there is a way to get 6.0.6 instead of 6.0.1 and they said there is no way to get that update. So, what can I do? Is there any way for me to run FCP 6.0.6 on this computer? It runs great on my iMac, and I do not want to upgrade to FCP X. Would it work if I got an older used MacBook? Still, how would I upgrade from the 6.0.1 that the discs give me to the 6.0.6 I need to work?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't get FCP 6.0.6 onto new MacBook Air
on Apr 9, 2015 at 11:33:50 pm

You'll need to find someone who has that update archived. Someone who downloaded it instead of doing a SOFTWARE UPDATE...and who kept it. That's the only way you'll be able to update to 6.0.6.

And don't expect FCP 6 to be fully compatible with 10.10. That's about four OS versions past the one that did support FCP 6. Two past the ones that supported FCP 7.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alex Kaloostian
Re: Can't get FCP 6.0.6 onto new MacBook Air
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:06:38 am

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL854?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

"I'm Alex Kaloostian, and I approve this message."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved