FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5 with Boris 3D Text screen size

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bolton
FCP 5 with Boris 3D Text screen size
on Apr 8, 2015 at 6:44:01 am

I have asked this in the Basic section but as I had no answer I get it is more complitcated....

I don't use FCP or Boris as I am a Vegas Pro user but today I was with a friend who uses FCP5. He was using the Boris 3D text generator but for reason the size of the Boris editing screen is not mapped to the actual project screen size ( unlike VPro ) . How do you make the Boris Text editing window match the project size so that when you type TEXT into it, it actually fits into the project screen size.

I did ask this question in the Boris forum but got no replies.....

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: FCP 5 with Boris 3D Text screen size
on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:24:48 pm

Boris is in effect a separate app which works within FCP and it's window bears no relationship to your video resolution but with some forethought it works just fine. I never heard anyone making this complaint but most of us have been using FCP for years and so just accept that this is how things are. It would have been great if we could type directly in the FCP window, which perhaps you can do in Sony Vegas, I don't know, but that's the way it is unfortunately but I don't have a problem.

If in a 1080 sequence I type:

HEADLINE NEWS
OF THE DAY
@72pt, it fits.

If I type the same thing, again @72pt in a 4-3 DV sequence - it fits.

If you are using FCP5 you will probably have Livetype, where you can indeed set the frame size and work within it but that in itself requires some to-ing and fro-ng as well.

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: FCP 5 with Boris 3D Text screen size
on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:30:11 pm

Hello Roger... many thanks for the explanation. I now see why it does what it does :) ... As you say, if you use it all the time then you get used to deciding the font size, etc to fit. Does seem a bit of hit and miss with such a well known program where the add-on does not understand the requirement. Anyway, I know now. Thanks again... Regards John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]