FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Audio settings for multichannel quicktime file layoffs.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miles Adam
FCP7 Audio settings for multichannel quicktime file layoffs.
on Mar 26, 2015 at 8:59:29 pm

I am producing a series of programmes for a broadcaster (which I send them in quicktime file format) and they have sent me their audio requirements which are as follows:

Ch1 English Mix Stereo L
Ch2 English Mix Stereo R
Ch3 English Mix Mono
Ch4 English Mix Mono

I am using 8 audio tracks on my FCP7 sequences with stereo effects on 1&2 and also on 3&4, stereo music on 5&6 and voiceover on 7&8. For monitoring purposes I have set the audio outputs for all my tracks to !&2 using the basic stereo set up in the sequence settings.

What is the best set up to achieve this 4 channel layoff they request?

I tried to do a nest mixdown (and then make copies of these new audio clips and send them to each specific track) but the music disappeared on the nested clip!

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: FCP7 Audio settings for multichannel quicktime file layoffs.
on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18:30 pm

Thanks to Shane Ross for this.

https://library.creativecow.net/articles/ross_shane/multi-audio/video-tutor...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 Audio settings for multichannel quicktime file layoffs.
on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:39:39 pm

Yeah, that's it...sort of. First thing you need to do is duplicate the sequence. Now, call that OUTPUT...we'll get back to that in a moment.

In the original sequence, make sure the AUDIO settings in the Sequence Settings window are set to STEREO. Now, export an AIFF file of that. That'll be a STEREO AIFF file. OK, go into the Sequence Settings again and set to Discreet tracks, then go into the audio tab and set the audio to DUAL MONO. Change the audio from -3db to 0. Now...export an AIFF again. This is your DUAL MONO AIFF file.

Go to the duplicated sequence. Delete the audio you have in there now. Import and lay down the AIFF files you exported in the spec they want. THEN follow that tutorial.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]