FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Canon C300 in fcp7 with Yosemite

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason Bryan
Importing Canon C300 in fcp7 with Yosemite
on Mar 26, 2015 at 7:31:03 pm

I can't get the Canon codec's to show up in the Log and Transfer preferences. I think its because I'm running Yosemite and also have FCPX installed. The C300 footage can be read by FCPX but not by FCP7 This project needs to be FCP7 because multiple people are working on it, and that's the platform that has been decided. The Canon Utility sees it and the Adobe Media Encoder sees it (also a solution option), but it seems to take forever to make the transfer.

Is there a codec that I can't find that makes this work?

Can I bring the footage into FCPX convert to pro res 422 and then bing it back into FCP7.

I'm not that familiar with FCPX but it looks to me like the Event folders can only be read by FCPX so I don't know how to get the raw footage out of there.

Please help and thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing Canon C300 in fcp7 with Yosemite
on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:33:19 pm

DO you have the C300 Log and Transfer plugin for FCP 7 installed? That's the only way FCP 7 will see it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jason Bryan
on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:43:36 pm

I have the FCPX on (2.2) Installed. The canon version 1.4 won't install on OS X 10.10.

Return to posts index

jason Bryan
on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:53:04 pm

The preferences tap sees no canon codecs though. And I've installed everyone I could find and/or it would let me. I also can't get it to let me put in 6D footage.

It does play the MXF files and MOV files if I drag them from the file folder structure right into FCP.

So for now I'm doing that and media managing it to Pro Res. I'd like to think the transfer tool would be more efficient.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:06:12 am

Yeah, you have two issues...well, three issues happening. First, FCX and FCP 7 might be crossing wires.

Second, FCP 7 isn't supported under Yosemite, and the log and transfer plugins for it might not either.

Third, FCP 7 was discontinued 4 years ago...and so it, and many of it's plugins, stopped all forward progress then. And that was three OS versions ago. Yosemite is the second OS that FCP 7 isn't supported under, so it might not function fully.

If you plan on using FCP 7, you might need to do this conversion under FCX, and bring the media into FCP 7. Where that is stored? And FCX expert will have to answer that....I don't use that edit app.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]