FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dealing with Deinterlaced Telecine Footage on Documentary

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Filippelli
Dealing with Deinterlaced Telecine Footage on Documentary
on Mar 25, 2015 at 5:16:02 am

Hey Creative Cow members,

I'm helping do the online edit for a documentary with duplicate frame problems. Long story short, it was shot on tape-based cameras with 24p going into the 60i container. So it was 3:2 pulldown footage and someone deinterlaceds it before Reverse Telecine.

So it repeats every fourth frame. A, B, C, D, D, A, B, C, D, D.....

Is there any way to undo the damage to the footage with these Apple ProRes HQ files? What are my damage control options?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Dealing with Deinterlaced Telecine Footage on Documentary
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:38:09 pm

Hm, I don't know if cinematools has a fix for that... but if nothing else works, here's some lateral thinking: export as frame movie or as folder of sequential stills and write a batch action in Photoshop to count forward the requisite 4 frames, delete the fifth, etc. ... just delete or move the extra frames, since the pattern repeats exactly. Batch actions are great in that, once set up, they are much faster than what a human can do, for the same effect. And fully automatic; start it, get coffee, come back, done. This particular idea might be extreme, but hey, you're in an extreme circumstance:-)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 25, 2015 at 3:43:09 pm

Does the footage have audio tracks?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 25, 2015 at 4:17:02 pm

What is the frame rate of the project? How was the footage converted? You might have to go back and re-convert the source files again, so it's done properly.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]