FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Crash When Importing QT Ref

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steel
Compressor Crash When Importing QT Ref
on Mar 24, 2015 at 7:26:49 pm

Hi,

I have a 90min Avid sequence which is all DNxHD 175x media which I'm exporting as a QT ref before bringing into Compressor with the hopes of making an MPEG-2 M2V file.

Earlier today I tried a test compression using a QT ref of just 4-5 mins of my sequence. It worked flawlessly. Then I made a ref of my entire 90min sequence and tried to import that into Compressor. Compressor crashed with the following error message:

"Compressor quit unexpectedly while using the AvidAVinCodec plugin."

I tried the original short 4-5min test ref file, and now Compressor crashes on that too - strange...

Here's what I've tried:

- Reinstalling the Avid codecs
- Reinstalling Avid
- Various Compressor fixes within the Pro Maintenance Tools app - using the free trial version.

I've scoured the web looking for help with this on forums, but only come up with a few instances of the same issue, but so far no one seems to have a fix for it - there must be one by now, right?

I'm using OS X 10.8.5

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can offer.

Return to posts index

olaf steel
Re: Compressor Crash When Importing QT Ref
on Mar 24, 2015 at 7:35:23 pm

UPDATE:

I tried to bring that QT ref into FCP7 with the hope of exporting FCP's version of a QT ref and then bring THAT into Compressor. FCP crashed with the same error message as Compressor: "Compressor quit unexpectedly while using the AvidAVinCodec plugin."

So it must be the Quicktime codec, but how do I fix it? I've already reinstalled the Quicktime codecs, as well as Avid.
I've used these workflows many times in the past. Why am I getting crashes now all of a sudden - after not making any changes that I'm aware of.

Return to posts index

olaf steel
Re: Compressor Crash When Importing QT Ref
on Mar 24, 2015 at 10:05:32 pm

SOLVED!

Turns out it was a corrupt slate I put on the start of the full sequence, but wasn't included in the 4-5min test export.

I replaced the slate and all seems to be working normally once more!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]