FORUMS: list search recent posts

Used FCS 3. Things to remember before buying.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suraj Chandran
Used FCS 3. Things to remember before buying.
on Mar 13, 2015 at 4:20:01 pm

Hi, I'm planning to buy a used copy of FCS 3 and I found a seller in my city. So I can go to his place and see it for myself. What should I take care of before I go ahead and buy it. I don't want to hear from Apple later that my serial key is invalid after connecting to the internet. :(

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Used FCS 3. Things to remember before buying.
on Mar 13, 2015 at 6:04:33 pm

Make sure it is a FULL version, not an UPDATE version. Update versions require a previous version's serial number. Unless you have a previous version, in which case you are OK.

Note...this software was discontinued 4 years ago...last updated 4.5 years ago. I wouldn't pay full price for this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Suraj Chandran
on Mar 13, 2015 at 8:00:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. So if it's FCS2, with a serial number for the same, i can update it to FCS3?
And do you think 350€ (366$) is a good price or can does it make sense to bargain? :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 13, 2015 at 8:46:04 pm

Wait....are you buying FCS 2 or FCS 3? FCS 2 is 7 years old...WAY too old to really be getting into.

FCP 7 is really too old to be getting, as it can't interface with newer cameras without the footage needing to be converted by third party software. And you cannot really run it on current computers. You need to stick with a computer running 10.6 to 10.8...optimally. 10.9 is OK, but 10.10 is where FCP 7 starts to not work fully.

$366 is a third of what it used to cost. That's close. I'd bargain down to 300 Euro if you could. Remind them of the age of the software

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Suraj Chandran
on Mar 14, 2015 at 11:50:32 am

FCS3 actually. Hmm, I like working with premiere pro too, but cc is like a subscription based service, no? Because everybody seems to be interested in Avid or Premiere now. Do you think my money can be invested in differently?

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Mar 15, 2015 at 8:39:34 pm

Go for avid MC,

we use FCS for old projects, personally I don't like Adobe, we're still on a box version, mainly we use it for Photoshop and After Effects. FCP is dying (we use it with snow leopard 10.6).

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:56:14 pm

Your money is better spent on getting Final Cut 10 and Motion, IMO. I have FCS 3 at work and home and I love it, but, you're going to have to hold yourself and your computer in a sort of suspended animation, technically speaking, to keep on running it. If you're doing editing for pay a a professional business, it looks strange if not insane to base your whole business on software that is end-of-life plus what, 4 years now? Can you think of any other business where doing something like that makes sense?

Return to posts index

Suraj Chandran
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:58:18 am

Okay, about the FCS3 second hand...is it a risk that the seller might keep the serial key and could use it again, thereby making mine invalid?

Return to posts index

Suraj Chandran
on Mar 23, 2015 at 9:55:35 pm

Okay, I got it for 305€. All the original dvd's and user guides. :) like how General Aladeen says, "It was worth every penny" :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]