FORUMS: list search recent posts

How long should a near 3 hour video take to export?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
melvin simpson
How long should a near 3 hour video take to export?
on Mar 6, 2015 at 6:54:05 pm

Hello, I'm exporting a sporting event video thats 3 hours long and I'm just wondering what the normal time of exporting should be? I need to have it ASAP but i understand it will take some time. I sent it to Compressor to export in MPEG-4 and the time is 50 hours. Then in final cut, i have the footage exporting on Apple Pro Res 422 1920x1080, 30fps and that what the videos are in the timeline but thats at 12 hours and keeps going up. Just need some advice on exporting the video for a faster result. Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How long should a near 3 hour video take to export?
on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:25:29 pm

Well, if you're trying to do both at the same time, that's going to slow down both. The estimates the machine gives are just that; estimates. Will it take a lot of hours to crunch? Very possibly. But I have had plenty of times where that progress bar suggested another couple hours were ahead, then poof, it was suddenly done. The estimate is based, I think, on a quick look ahead at the first few frames, and if they have a lot going on in them, it can throw off the calculation.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: How long should a near 3 hour video take to export?
on Mar 9, 2015 at 12:55:24 pm

"i have the footage exporting on Apple Pro Res 422 1920x1080, 30fps and that what the videos are in the timeline but thats at 12 hours and keeps going up"

something doesn't make sense.
is your footage really Prores 1920x1080?
and you're cutting in a timeline with matching settings?

maybe you put a lot of FX on it, but not rendered them?

i prefer to render regularly during the edit,
then the show is much quicker to get out.
you can even export as a reference move if you plan to run it through compressor

remember "Render All" doesn't by default render all!
it doesn't render "Full quality " fx,
to get that to happen, you have to go into the sequence menu > Render all. and check "Full"

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]