FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very strange keyframe/animation problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Somerville
Very strange keyframe/animation problem
on Mar 5, 2015 at 6:28:09 pm

So I'm working on a project with FCP 7 and it's fairly loaded with pretty basic keyframe animations. They all work fine and look fine except for two. The basic set up here is I have white text on a white background and then a blue bar moves over it to show the text. I'll add screen shots of the two problem animations to give bette understanding of what it actually looks like, it's kind of a funky thing that I've never had FCP do before. The animated bars should be solid blue.

When I export, I have the Keyframes set to, "all"
quality is at max
H.243

screenshot2015-03-05at1.19.32pm.png

screenshot2015-03-05at1.19.11pm.png

These two aren't the only times on the time line I have animations like this but they are the only ones that I'm having issues with.

I would really appreciate any help. I've been stuck on this for a few days now and can't seem to find anything on it online.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Very strange keyframe/animation problem
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:24:19 pm

Are the text portions in white moving?

Are all your levels legal, with white's peaking at 100 IRE?

What blending mode or composite mode does the text layer and the blue layer have?

I don't know what's wrong, but have you tried an alternate way to make the identical effect, like animating a crop or wipe across the same area?

Have you tried to set up one of these in Apple Motion?

Return to posts index

Travis Somerville
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:40:20 pm

Thanks for responding

The text doesn't move. I believe the levels are fine but the blending mode vs. composite mode I'm ashamed to say is something I don't know about?

Return to posts index

Travis Somerville
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:43:02 pm

Thanks for responding

The text doesn't move. I believe the levels are fine but the blending mode vs. composite mode I'm ashamed to say is something I don't know about?

Edit: it might also be worth mentioning that the cropped color is matte color and not matte color solid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]