FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Macbook for FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vanessa Lee
Recommended Macbook for FCP?
on Mar 2, 2015 at 7:42:04 pm

Hi, I need to get a laptop to work in the field with my DP to check footage on site with some of our pro cameras.

Neither of us has a laptop!! Yeah so professional. X.X

What is a good Macbook model we should get, ideally with WIFI just (repeat JUST) to install FCP and be able to injest footage (log & capture) to see how it looks NOT edit?

I want to get a cheap used Macbook on ebay.

PS: Yes I'm aware I need a new DP as well, that is another story. :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Recommended Macbook for FCP?
on Mar 2, 2015 at 9:01:47 pm

All MacBook Pros come with WiFi. That's standard.

The lowest end one I'd recommend is the Mid-2012 Non-Retina MBP. It has Thunderbolt, and Firewire so you can connect to new drives, and old. And it's still fairly speedy. That's what I'm currently using. And it can have older OS versions that support FCP 7 (if that's what you want to use)...and you want older OS versions if FCP 7 is what you intend to use. As Mavericks and Yosemite both don't officially support FCP 7 and the rest of the apps, and some don't work, and others don't fully work as they do under previous, supported OS versions.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Vanessa Lee
on Mar 3, 2015 at 6:18:58 am

Those do cost quite a bit used, the cheapest I could find was $600 on ebay.

Is there a "lower" cost macbook that can run FCP? I just want to injest footage on site, but not edit so I don't need the CPU speed.

The camera I have is a SONY HDR-FX7, it only has HDMI and USB, no Firewire/iLink.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:24:25 am

Any MacBook Pro will run FCP. The Pro in the name guarantees that. Just make sure you have a compatible OS version.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]