FORUMS: list search recent posts

FPS Sequence Trouble

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Maraal
FPS Sequence Trouble
on Feb 28, 2015 at 2:59:33 pm

Hy Guys! I am a new user, but always find solutions in this forum, but this once, I need to do my question!

Before, sorry my bad english and my stupid trouble. Is the following: i have footage at 29,97 fps but my edit timelines are all in 23.97(yes, very stupid and i am shamed). We are in post process right now, the trouble don`t reveal before, just now, when importeded the Resolve sequence are all timecodes messes.

I had try copy & paste the edit in a timeline with the correct frame rate but not help. I try changes the framerate of sequence in a XM but not help again.

If i convert my source to 23.97(29.97 -> 23, 97) i will be able to reconnect with my correct timecode?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FPS Sequence Trouble
on Feb 28, 2015 at 11:12:46 pm

yeah, sorry, you have a small mess on your hands. The only way to fix this is to make a sequence with the right frame rate (make a new sequence, drop a clip into it, click YES when FCP asks if you want the settings to match)...then remove that clip...copy and paste your sequence into this one...and then fix all the gaps manually.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lucas Maraal
on Feb 28, 2015 at 11:31:12 pm

Hi Shane, thanks for your ansewer.

I try copy & paste to a new sequence and correct the gaps... but the new sequence dont have this gaps but the sinc went to space and dont seem fixable... So I put clip by cilpi via match frame and works fine, except the overlay clips, but some hard jobo solve this...

But I wondering about the time difference between the sequences:

29,97 -> 23:35:13
23,97 -> 23:57:21

If the source as the same, why this happens?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 1, 2015 at 3:40:42 am

Is your time code drop-frame or not?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 1, 2015 at 6:10:25 am

23.98 is non-drop frame time only. 29.97 can be drop frame or non-drop. Drop frame time code is the most accurate, non-drop is not.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lucas Maraal
on Mar 3, 2015 at 1:57:59 pm

My timecode is non-drop, in both sequences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]