FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 - Media went offline and Final Cut lost the path and filename for the footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Ribeiro
Final Cut Pro 7 - Media went offline and Final Cut lost the path and filename for the footage
on Feb 26, 2015 at 6:13:44 pm

Hello everybody, I have a bit of a problem here.

I am working on an episode and need some old editing I done for this episode on an older project.
When I opened the older project, all the media is offline, even though I have not moved the footage for this episode, and when I try to reconnect the clips, Final Cut have lost the path and file names for the clips.

The path is not a big problem, since the footage is organized. But the file names really difficult the process of reconnecting this footage, since I can't just tell Final Cut to find the files on the episode's folder.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it?
I don't think I can get the paths and fine names linked back with the footage on the timeline, but if someone does know how to do it, it would help me A LOT!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Miguel.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 - Media went offline and Final Cut lost the path and filename for the footage
on Feb 27, 2015 at 10:34:02 pm

why doe sit happen?

wish i knew!
i've seen it happen when projects are very old, but don't know why.

how to recover:

1- FCP Reconnect, can help you reconnect based on Reel# and TC, not file name
it;s an XML based tool, and can reconnect an entire project, not just a timeline.
i've had random success with this: worked sometimes, not others, although it could be a bug in the system i'm working on.

2- Resolve lite.
also XML based, but probably only works on a timeline.
XML from FCP, open in resolve, tell it to connect based on Reel# and TC,
then you can probably export an XML and open that back up in FCP.

that probably wouldn't link back to your original browser clips, but maybe that's not such a big issue for you?

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]