FORUMS: list search recent posts

VIDEO 23.98fps, AUDIO 25fps - DOESN'T SYNC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karlo Gorup
VIDEO 23.98fps, AUDIO 25fps - DOESN'T SYNC
on Feb 23, 2015 at 5:37:20 pm

Hello!

I have been working on a project entirely shot in 25fps. Recently, I got some additional material shot in 23.98fps by mistake.
I managed to conform the video material to 25fps using Cinema Tools, but the audio, which was shot separately, was shot for 25fps.
So, when I try to sync the conformed 25fps video and original audio, after few seconds video and audio start to fall out of sync.

I read somewhere that if I stretch audio by 4%, I will be able to sync it properly, but that does not work...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: VIDEO 23.98fps, AUDIO 25fps - DOESN'T SYNC
on Feb 23, 2015 at 6:40:18 pm

Your best bet will be to do a frame rate COVERSION -- don't conform -- using hardware like a Terranex box.

This is because 23.976 and 25 are so close that it's almost impossible for software to do the frame rate conversion.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: VIDEO 23.98fps, AUDIO 25fps - DOESN'T SYNC
on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:01:19 pm

Firstly does the audio have timecode (ie: broadcast wav files with timecode metadata). Secondly 23.976 to 25 is 4.1% The .1% matters.

So if you have changed the pictures to 25 and they run 4.1% faster, you need to correct the pitch as well as speed up the audio. Then when you load the new wav files in, make sure the FCP Easy Setup is on a 25fps preset, other wise FCP will stamp the wrong frame rate and cause drift.

If you get that formula right then you should be good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]