FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine Lee Anne
Text Effect
on Feb 22, 2015 at 10:14:58 pm

hey everyone!

I'm new to forums and have no idea how to check if someone has already asked my specific question, so if that's the case then I apologize in advance.
That being said, I'm also new to FCP so if the answer to the question I'm about to ask is painfully obvious (as I imagine it probably is) then I'm sorry about that too.

I'm just looking for this text effect and I can't see to find it which makes me think it may be a plugin.

The lines beside the subtext are animated, they grow outward.
I don't think this is a combination because I've seen it used by more than one person, though it might be.
Regardless, where can I find this plugin/how do I make this happen?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Text Effect
on Feb 24, 2015 at 9:25:41 pm

The brute force way to do that would be to put each line segment on a separate video track, then use the keyframe controls in the Motion tab to set the points where they begin and end their move.

To make this easier, the graphic would have first been prepared in photoshop, with each of the three elements, the main body, and each of the two lines, given their own layer. With this method, you could get fancy and make the line segments longer, then do effects on their length by key-framing a "crop" on each one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]