FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacBook Air with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
MacBook Air with FCP 7
on Feb 21, 2015 at 8:00:10 am

I've still never made the switch to FCX... still rocking the ole FCP 7
Currently I use a 15inch Macbook Pro (mid 2010 model).
This computer was purchased new for me by my company in Dec of 2010. I have used it for editing videos for them and very little (very very little) for soundtrack pro

I was given the greenlight to purchase a new computer and I'd like your input.

My job has changed over the last 5 years and while I still do some editing, it is not much, not much at all. I might do 2 or 3 videos a month that are about 3-5 minutes in length (video depositions more or less).

So I like the mobility of the macbook air (especially with the mention of the new 12inch to be released soon hopefully). But will the current macbook air (13inch model) handle final cut?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: MacBook Air with FCP 7
on Feb 23, 2015 at 6:49:28 pm

Question: how would you get video into and out of the Macbook Air?

It's worth considering that detail over a tiny-small difference in the size of the machine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

rene hazekamp
Re: MacBook Air with FCP 7
on Feb 25, 2015 at 1:16:49 pm

It depends largely on what footage you use, I have an old slow (2010) macbook air (although with 4GB memory)
It can handle a long form documentary (xdcam ex), though you have to be a little masochistic to edit that way.

Present mba's have thunderbolt/usb3 so input/output is no problem and with an external monitor, you will okay as long as you don't have edit too much or too complicated .h264 /.h265 stuf.

hope it helps

René Hazekamp
portfolio http://www.renehazekamp.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]