FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log/Capture Hi8 tapes in FCP7 using Sony DCR-TRV320

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mason
Log/Capture Hi8 tapes in FCP7 using Sony DCR-TRV320
on Feb 18, 2015 at 11:45:29 pm

Hello. First time posting on here.
I've combed the forums for a solution to my problem and have even found people with similar problems, but haven't been able to solve mine. Here goes.

I have a few hours worth of footage on Hi8 tapes that I need to digitize. All of the footage was shot on a Sony DCR-TRV320 NTSC which is a Digital 8 camcorder. I am attempting to use this same camcorder to log and capture the footage in FCP7, but am having problems.

The camcorder is connected to the computer using a DV Firewire 800 cable (IEEE 1394). I have put the camcorder in VTR mode and set the A/V->DV OUT to ON. In FCP I have the Device set as NON CONTROLLABLE DEVICE and the Capture/Import settings as DV NTSC 48 KHZ. When I attempt to capture I get the "Attempt to capture video without a video device selected" error.

So far I have been unable to capture anything and it's driving me crazy. I am close to bringing the tapes in to a place that will digitize them using a Hi8 deck, but I figured I would ask on here first as I am dying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]