FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Capture FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Kalber
Batch Capture FCP7
on Feb 18, 2015 at 11:26:12 pm

Capture footage from HDCAM to FCP7 and create 3 minute segments three times a week. Capture about 20 minutes of footage at a time at ProRez422HQ.... throw it into the timeline and whack it down to three minutes and make H.264 QT files for uploading to news, FB, etc. Now want to batch digitize just what's been edited into the three minute segments uncompressed. What is the best and easiest way to do this? I have read the FCP manual which talks about using markers and making subclips, etc... but there has to be a simpler way, right? Can't find this in FAQ or by searching FCP forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo! Mick Kalber, Tropical Visions, Hilo, Hawaii
iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS 10.9.5 Promise Pegasus 18TB Raid

Mick Kalber
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Mick Kalber
Re: Batch Capture FCP7
on Apr 3, 2015 at 9:01:16 am

I posted this a couple months ago, and have heard no response from any of you gurus... anybody have a clue about batch capturing on FCP7? Mahalo in advance.

Mick Kalber
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Batch Capture FCP7
on Apr 4, 2015 at 4:12:00 am

First off, you don't want UNCOMPRESSED. That will create HUGE video files and you'll need a seriously fast RAID to deal with it. ProRes and ProRes HQ give you all the quality, but with smaller sizes. Those are finishing codecs.

Want to ONLY capture what's in the sequence? Then copy the sequence into a new bin. right click the new sequence in that bin and choose MEDIA MANAGER...and then CREATE OFFLINE. Choose a codec, choose the amount of handles...and then boom, there you go. ONLY the clips used in the seqence...now, batch capture that sequence, or the clips that it makes in that bin

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]