FORUMS: list search recent posts

My fcp7 suite's AJA IO HD just died: what would you replace the IO with to stay compatible with FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
My fcp7 suite's AJA IO HD just died: what would you replace the IO with to stay compatible with FCP7?
on Feb 17, 2015 at 4:40:30 pm

Smelly smells and magic smoke came out of a very hot AJA IOHD this morning to greet my first day back at work. After power cycling it, it is stone dead. Now, I don't think AJA makes these any more, they *might* still service them... but in the meantime, what can I use as a new replacement, that doesn't require any updates to the OS or other systems?

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: My fcp7 suite's AJA IO HD just died: what would you replace the IO with to stay compatible with FCP7?
on Feb 17, 2015 at 4:55:53 pm

Kona 3G is compatible.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: My fcp7 suite's AJA IO HD just died: what would you replace the IO with to stay compatible with FCP7?
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:00:13 pm

Good to know, thanks. But... not sure I have a slot free for it in the mac tower. One reason we liked the separate box of the IO HD was it made swapping connections easier.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:00:30 pm

What computer? There are no other firewire options really...well, there's MOTU, but that's the one I haven't tried. If it's a tower, yup, Kona 3 is a good bet. And they go for $300 with BOB. Or look for a used IoHD.

BUT, if you want something that works with FCP 7, and will be future proof...on your current system, The Kona 3G is it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:10:13 pm

OK thanks for the info. I hve an inquiry in to AJA regarding if they repair these old lunch boxes or not. Due to government purchasing policies, we can't buy used items, but can afford occasional repairs.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:23:28 pm

MAN it's a shame that it only works with FCP. I see them on eBay for $400. I love those boxes, but could never afford to buy one.

Well, my IoXT is smaller, and works with everything, so... But I like the look of the IoHD...that handle...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:44:31 pm

Nice form factor, but frankly, they have always been a little on the flaky side when we used them.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:38:33 pm

Yep flaky, because they connect via FireWire 800 and eat all additional FireWire connectivity as well.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:44:24 pm

We finally got it dialed-in and have had a stable system for a good long time. The AJA Control panel app was always a bit of a struggle to reconcile with the FCP input, output, and mastering settings. Eventually, I'd hit on the right combo of switchology, and save off the settings as a preset, and I was relatively happy.

Darned thing tried to imitate a toaster this morning, and not the Newtek kind. I hope to get the okay to send it in to surgery soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]