FORUMS: list search recent posts

No picture just audio in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Mal
No picture just audio in FCP7
on Feb 15, 2015 at 11:22:23 am

Hi - appreciate help asap if anyone knows what i might have done wrong. I've been sync pulling an interview in final cut pro 7.0. Suddenly one of the clips has gone black in the viewer - the audio is still there, but no picture. I've checked image + wireframe etc and the RGB setting they are all fine. I think I accidentally hit something on the keyboard but can't work out what i've done. All my other clips are fine.
I'm working on XF rushes in pro res on final cut pro 7.

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No picture just audio in FCP7
on Feb 15, 2015 at 6:12:13 pm

You might have "deactivated" the clip. Click on it and press CNTRL-B.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lucy Mal
on Feb 15, 2015 at 7:26:04 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response. I tried doing Cntrl b and nothing happened, in fact the audio also disappeared as well as the picture. It's really weird because the whole clip in the browser is black with just audio. I definitely pressed something by myself when I was spinning through it to put in markers before I put things on the timeline. And on the timeline you can still see a thumbnail of the video. All my other clips in the browser are fine.

I've gone back into log and transfer and put in the clip again and it works fine. I wanted to find out what I've done wrong in case it happens again.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you.

BM

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Feb 16, 2015 at 10:36:53 am

you must have hit the W key while the canvas or viewer was active.

hit it again until you see an image
OR
go to the right-most [pulldown menu in the canvas or viewer and set to "Image"

nick

Return to posts index

Lucy Mal
on Feb 16, 2015 at 5:56:50 pm

Hi Nick

Thanks for replying. It's not that either - the image is ticked in the drop down box. All very strange. Any other suggestions for what it could be. It has audio no picture and is the only clip from the browser that is like this. I've reloaded it in and it's fine but wondered what on earth I had done to make that clip lose its picture.

Thank you

BM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]