FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3.5 will not encode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Slater
Compressor 3.5 will not encode
on Feb 12, 2015 at 10:20:33 pm

Hi guys,
Compressor 3.5 will not allow the final 'submit' to start encoding a standard ProRes (or any .mov) file to any of the formats listed. The submit button is grayed out and I have not been able to find any way to submit a video.

I use Compressor every day and nothing has changed on my system. 12 core (pre trash can) OS 10.7.5.

Thanks for any help.
Ken

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Compressor 3.5 will not encode
on Feb 13, 2015 at 2:19:44 am

Might be time to use this excellent tool from Digital rebellion

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressorrepair/

Return to posts index

Peter Shwartz
on Feb 22, 2015 at 9:28:49 pm

I am running FCP 7 without trouble (so far) in Yosemite 10.10.2, after a clean install of both the OS and FCP 7 on a new hard drive (Mac Pro 2010). Tried to engage Compressor and it's not even an option (grayed out). So I have tried the digital repair software and it's requesting I re-install compressor and q master. Fine. But does that mean I have to do a new install of my complete FCP program (which, because it was a set of upgrades, means starting back at FCP 5). Or can I fine tune the re-install to just FCP 3.5 from the studio 2 discs.

Also, I'm wondering if I made an error in installing the apple pro codecs update from the last year or so that I resisted in 10.6.8 but did once I'm moved to Yosemite. If so, how can I uninstall that update if that is the problem, or do I need to wipe the drive and start all over again.

Peter Shwartz
Dellaruth Video

Return to posts index

Ken Slater
on Feb 22, 2015 at 9:58:46 pm

Thanks Michael
The digitalrebelllion repair software did the trick and I didn't even loose my dozen or so presets.
Thanks again!!
Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]