FORUMS: list search recent posts

footage loss in FCP 7.03

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lenard Zsolt
footage loss in FCP 7.03
on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:44:08 pm

THE SITUATION IS THIS:

While editing in FCP 7.03, surfing on the source monitor the footage just went black, and all my timeline cuts, where black too. In "finder" i learned that the size of the footage went from 91 GB to 1.31 GB...
I cannot imagine what happened.

Anybody has a solution to that? I feel very frustrated..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: footage loss in FCP 7.03
on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:30:10 pm

If the footage went missing, went offline, you'd see a red screen and "media offline." You don't. Your footage is black. Something different is happening.

What is the codec of this footage? Where did it come from?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lenard Zsolt
on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:38:24 pm

no offline, or other "known" issue. I still have the icons in the timeline in the beginning of the clip (where the cuts are), but when i play it is just black, or when i matchframe it is the same black. no sound or image is present.
the footage is prores 422 LT. The footage was exported by me and it was a collection of other materials put together. It was nothing wrong with it as i know. Is like all the content went somewhere form the "mov" bag.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:03:52 pm

How did you convert to ProTes LT? These aren't QuickTime reference movies, are they?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lenard Zsolt
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:30:27 pm

it was "selfcontained" with the "quicktimemovie.." export option.
As i know if the footage is exported as a reference it should have sound. In this case is just silence and black.
By the way, thx that u help me again :)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:00:32 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:02:03 pm

Did you accidentally mute the tracks? I guess that wouldn't change the GB storage amounts... Have you gone to the last autosave vault entry and opened that? Have you run a diagnostic on the drives yet, using the built-in tools?

Return to posts index

Lenard Zsolt
on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:07:53 pm

the file in finder cannot be opened couse Quicktime player sais that is corrupt, i've tried with autosaves but nothing.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:30:45 pm

Open up disk utility, in your utilities folder, and run a diagnostic on the drives. If it suggests doing an automatic repair, say yes, then try FCP again. If that fixed everything, the very next thing to do is to lay off a safety copy of everything on that drive, before it plotzes again.

Return to posts index

Lenard Zsolt
on Jan 28, 2015 at 10:05:33 pm

diskutility showed up some issues, to move everything to another drive would be very hard 'couse it has 24 tera of stuff on it. it sais "Error: This disk needs to be repaired" and i honestly afraid to click on repair

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 28, 2015 at 11:17:29 pm

I don't see that you have much choice here. I can can say from personal experience that letting it repair the drive will probably fix it temporarily, but generally, just long enough to evacuate the threatened material to a new drive, before the failing drive is no longer repairable. Do what you want. Me, I'd be getting out the credit card for a new drive and worrying about the cost later, versus the cost of starting everything from scratch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]