FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fix video with swapped color components

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Robinson
Fix video with swapped color components
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:42:18 pm

So we were doing this event where we used a Panasonic MX100 to mix three cams and used a Sony DSR45p to record it onto DV tapes.

But there was one mishap, we accidentally switched the color components of the component cable we used between the recorder and mixer. And we could not detect the issue from the display on the recorder coz of the lighting around us (amateur I know :() and I had hooked up our monitor to the PGM out of our mixer instead of the monitor out of our recorder (again a big mistake).

We finally ended up with a video that has the wrong colors. Is there any possible way to recover this?

Or is this footage doomed? Really new to this stuff. Learning a lot with each event. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Fix video with swapped color components
on Jan 26, 2015 at 7:23:57 pm

You could take each channel into Color, one at a time, fix them, then composite them into a new track. You could play out of the deck with the cables reversed, perhaps, and re-record a correct version?

Return to posts index

Steve Robinson
Re: Fix video with swapped color components
on Jan 26, 2015 at 7:47:03 pm

Thanks for the reply Mark!.

I am not sure how to do the first solution. Can you guide me? A bit more detail perhaps?

And about the second one, I never knew we can do that. Ill try it out and let you know how it goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]