FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update file needed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Stephens
Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update file needed
on Jan 26, 2015 at 3:35:04 pm

I'm running Final Cut Pro 5.1 (ancient, I know) on Yosemite. I'm trying to transfer my old projects from a Snow Leopard computer over, but the Snow Leopard version is 5.1.4, and the App Store doesn't find that I need an update for such an old version of Final Cut. I can't open the 5.1.4 projects without upgrading on Yosemite.
I can't find a copy of the update anywhere around the internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 Update file needed
on Jan 26, 2015 at 5:03:20 pm

You know, FCP 7 isn't supported on Yosemite...and it wasn't supported on the previous OS either, Mavericks. I'll be amazed if 5.1 works well at all on Yosemite.

Sorry, looks like Apple took that update down a while ago. The way to update it without a link is to use the SOFTWARE UPDATE option under the Apple menu...if that is still an option in Yosemite. If it doesn't show up there, then it isn't available anymore. That's 8-9 year old software.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:26:56 pm

No software update in Apple menu in Yosemite. All via app store.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 27, 2015 at 12:53:03 am

Have you tried dragging Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 from the Applications folder on Snow Leopard onto an external drive and then dropping it back into the Applications folder on Yosemite? That's how I got DVD Studio Pro 4.1.2 onto Yosemite. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]