FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing the audio back on the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Sanchez
Replacing the audio back on the timeline
on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:51:27 pm

Hi, I edited a short and I did things slightly backwards. We had 8 channels of audio and I deleted the tracks from the timeline that we're too noisy etc and continued with the edit. For the post sound I want to replace the audio into the timeline so that the sound dude has the options. Is it possible to do this without having to do it individually for every clip. Is there a way to select the picture and place the audio for the entire edit back down on the timeline?
Thanks a mill!
P

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Replacing the audio back on the timeline
on Jan 26, 2015 at 3:00:37 pm

Did you use real time code? Then match the time codes of the audio to the time codes of the video clips

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 26, 2015 at 5:06:34 pm

Either match back to the main clip and cut them in...for every clip. Or spend $500 for this:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link/

Always ALWAYS cut in all the audio, and mute the un-used tracks. Otherwise you'll end up doing this every time.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pedro Sanchez
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:48:28 pm

Thanks Shane, it was too messy to have eight audio tracks for each clip - it was a complex edit but I get your point. It won't take me forever to put them back down I was just looking to see if there was a way to do it for multiple clips. The clips are synced and I'll give it a shot doing it manually and see how long it takes me before I explode :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 26, 2015 at 7:19:30 pm

I cut reality TV, and many times we have 8 people on separate mics...so we put all 8 channels on the timeline. Crowded? Yes, but we need all of those. Who knows when someone will chime in....or if there's interference on on channel that we need to switch to another to compensate. I'll have 17-24 audio tracks, because I also have sections with complex audio mix needs. This is the norm for reality TV.

If you are going to do this a lot...have that many audio tracks...then I say you need to get used to having them all in the timeline, and dipping down the unneeded tracks. Or plan on spending a day or two adding them in later.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pedro Sanchez
on Jan 26, 2015 at 7:28:14 pm

Thanks Shane, I'll look into doing that in future It wasn't something I was familiar with at the time I should have done more research before jumping into it. We learn as we go!! I'll go ahead and fix it manually this time. Thank you from Dublin, Ireland.

Return to posts index

Pedro Sanchez
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:50:30 pm

The audio clips are synced to the video already. I'm not sure what your saying is it the same as Shane below - match clips and drop them in fresh?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]