FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 export / open / reconnect media issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Makaveli
FCP7 export / open / reconnect media issue
on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:07:48 pm

Hi

In short, last week I encountered a big issue with my FCP 7. Each time I try to open, export or reconnect media, the pop-out navigation window crashes / disappears within a second. However, the programme itself does not crash.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 on my Mac Pro (2009). It worked fine last week on the morning, as I exported a project, but the next time I used it, that very afternoon, the problems began. During this time, (to my knowledge) I did not update any software etc.

So far I have tried:

- deleting user prefs
- restarting programme / machine
- trying a variety of different .fcp files

I can not find any colleagues that have come across a similar problem and am now at a complete loss.

Hopefully someone can help?!

Thanks you all very much in advance.

Dan

Return to posts index

Charlie Thorne
Re: FCP7 export / open / reconnect media issue
on May 11, 2015 at 4:23:36 pm

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem. Did you ever manage to find out what was causing the problem?

Return to posts index

Pierre1
on Sep 9, 2015 at 12:31:59 am

Are we the only three people who have encountered this problem using FCP7 in Yosemite—and is it insurmountable?

Yes, for me too, the pop-out window immediately disappears when, for instance, I need to reconnect to media. I would be grateful if anybody has found a solution!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 9, 2015 at 4:51:20 pm

The Solution is to not use FCP 7 on an unsupported OS. Use it on 10.6.8, or 10.7.5...heck, it even works on 10.8. But it started breaking on 10.9 (Motion and Compressor no longer worked on 10.9). If you are going to use older software, it's best to run it on older, supported, OS versions.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mary Stephen
on May 21, 2016 at 5:15:58 pm

I am encountering the same problem with my FCP 7.0.3. while migrating to a brand new MacBook Pro running El Capitan. Would appreciate it if you tell me whether or how you resolved your problem finally.
Mary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]