FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems when adding still images into videoproject - flat and bright look

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janne Riikonen
Problems when adding still images into videoproject - flat and bright look
on Jan 26, 2015 at 12:03:09 am

Hello everyone,

I'm having hard time with a multimedia project. I'm editing 1080p project shot with canon DSLR, and I have converted the video clips to ProRes 422. When I import still images (i've tried jpg, bmp, tga, png, tif...) into the project, the images get flat and a bit brighter.
I have no clue what's the reason behind this. I have also tried different color profiles and bits, and I've set the resolution of stills to 1920x1080, but I just can't get it to work.

The frame rate of the videos is 25, but still frame rate is 29.97 for some reason...

Help anyone? Thanks in advance!
-Janne

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Problems when adding still images into videoproject - flat and bright look
on Jan 26, 2015 at 4:35:02 pm

Try the Gamma Correction filter in the Image Control folder under Video Effects. Try a setting of 12 to restore the look of your stills.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Janne Riikonen
Re: Problems when adding still images into videoproject - flat and bright look
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:12:53 pm

Thanks for the tip Joe!

The filter with 1.2 brings the result pretty close to the original still, but not exactly. But this will be enough..

Still wondering why that happens in the first place. It's not about the frame rates either, as when I create a new project only with the stills the same happens... It's still extra work with filters, as preparing still already has taken so long.

All other tips are still welcome!
-Janne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]