FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 60p video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Hays
1080 60p video
on Jan 20, 2015 at 11:52:32 pm

Has anyone had any luck importing and exporting 1080 60p video with Final Cut? I have two cameras that can capture it. Most people don't recommend it as it's not supported by TV broadcasting. But when you watch some fast action video from these cameras on a large HD LED HDTV, It looks unbelievable. So smooth compared to 30 fps. High end video has come a long way in the past several years. Some theme parks even have 4K 60p 3D in some of their venues. Of course you need very high end servers like DVS or 7thSense to play that back. http://www.7thsensedesign.com/ I have been successful testing 1080 60p in Sony Vegas, After Effects and Premiere but not Final Cut. I have a desktop, two laptops and even a Surface pro 3 I5 that can edit it with ease. Since FC is still the industry standard in most video studios and TV stations, I am studying the program. With broadband speeds getting so fast lately, It's only a matter of time until it's available on TV. I'd like to hear your opinions and comments. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 1080 60p video
on Jan 21, 2015 at 1:02:39 am

[Danny Hays] "Since FC is still the industry standard in most video studios and TV stations, I am studying the program."

It might be, only because these places have an infrastructure built around it. But it is nearly 4 years discontinued. So if you want to shoot 1080p60 video, and edit at that rate, then you need to look at other solutions. Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer edit this frame rate. You can convert it to ProRes outside of FCP 7...and bring it into FCP and edit it...FCP 7will do that. You just need a very fast RAID to play it back on.

Although still not sure how you will deliver it or play it back, other than from a QT file directly from a computer onto the TV. DVD, BluRay...broadcast...still don't support that format. But playing a QT file from a computer, or a card, directly into a TV will. So if you are going to deliver that file type...then I can see shooting that format. Or...as future proofing. The future solutions might play that back. I think the web might, but that's a LOT of bandwidth to do...so maybe...maybe not.

I can see wanting to shoot that format, because it plays back sports so smoothly. But not sure about adopting it...until a deliverable for it exists. I guess you can shoot that format, edit it, and make a 1080p60 master...and convert that to 1080p30 in the meantime...until a 1080p60 master is asked for.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jan 21, 2015 at 5:31:57 am

( You just need a very fast RAID to play it back on.)
I put a solid state drive in my Sony I7 laptop and it plays back, edits fine without a raid drive setup. So does my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 I5. But these are Windows machines, not Apple. I tried Mavericks and FCX but my version of Protools didn't work on it. So I'm still on OS7. FC of course only runs on a Mac, Just looking to see if FC supports it now. I haven't tried After Effects or Premiere on a Mac yet, but I can make custom project and render presets for 1080 60p on Windows 7 and 8.1 with After Effects, Sony Vegas pro and Premiere. In fact I can use my Black Magic intensity Shuttle USB 3 and capture 1080 avi uncompressed 8 and 10 bit without dropping a frame on my SS drive laptop and Surface Pro 3 I5. I was shocked to see them do that.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 21, 2015 at 6:21:30 am

[Danny Hays] "I put a solid state drive in my Sony I7 laptop and it plays back, edits fine without a raid drive setup."

Those are generally pretty fast.

[Danny Hays] "So does my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 I5. "

Full ProRes 422 1080p60? Or an H.264 encode from that?

[Danny Hays] "Just looking to see if FC supports it now."

FCP 7...no. It was discontinued 4 years ago, before 1080p60 was anything other than a handycam format. FCX does support it, and that's the version Apple is now selling and supporting. NO further updates or development are happening to FCP 7. Discontinued 4 years ago, but the last update was 4.5 years ago...almost 5 years.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]