FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glitches on export in final cut pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio De La Cruz
Glitches on export in final cut pro 7
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:28:31 pm

Sorry to bother you guys, but my editor just sent me an export of my feature film he did to burn to DVD for a screening saturday, but the problem is that at some points in some scenes you get glitches or little flashes. He's editing on final cut pro 7. Does that has to do with rendering or corrupt files perhaps? Or how he is exporting? I know he is exporting on H.264, but don't know the rest of settings. He's thinking of exporting in chunks and then putting film together in DVD software? He did a test of a three minute clip and it didn't have the glitches.

Here is a link to a version of the movie he did on youtube. Here are a couple of the flashes so you can see what I'm talking about. It happens in some scenes throughout the film. This was a version we did two months ago and it had the issues, but I didn't pay attention to it. Thanks!!!

example 1: 0:20 seconds into the movie.

example 2: 8 minutes and 50 seconds

example 3: 9 minutes 27 or 28 seconds

be well,

Antonio

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Glitches on export in final cut pro 7
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:49:29 pm

What is the format of the footage he is editing? Is it H.264? Or is it ProRes? If he's exporting to DVD, why is he exporting H.264 first? For making a DVD, you either SHARE from FCP, or export a full res QT file, take that into DVD Studio Pro and author...or take it into Compressor to make the files that DVD Studio Pro can work with. But you should never export to H.264 THEN compress for DVD....that's adding a layer of compression.

And if the source footage is H.264...if that's what he's editing...FCP doesn't work with that format. Exports it glitchy or out of sync.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Antonio De La Cruz
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:56:07 pm

The original format of the video is HDV. This is for a screening. WE will be projecting to a screen.

Return to posts index

Antonio De La Cruz
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:08:12 pm

By the way he will be burning DVD on Roxio Toast 11.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:29:52 pm

Then export a self contained QT file...and bring that into TOAST.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Antonio De La Cruz
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:34:07 pm

Thanks I'll tell him. By Self-contained you mean what? Just for me to know.

Antonio

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:45:53 pm

FILE>EXPORT>Quicktime Movie

In the export window that pops up, make sure SELF CONTAINED is checked...and RECOMPRESS is not. This will export a lossless QT file. BUT...as you are using the HDV codec, this will only play on computers with FCP installed, so you'll need to encode to DVD on the same computer that has FCP

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Antonio De La Cruz
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:51:33 pm

Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]