FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colorista II crashing entire computer with fcp 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bores
Colorista II crashing entire computer with fcp 7
on Jan 7, 2015 at 2:23:49 pm

I installed Colorista II yesterday on my 2011 Macbook Pro 15" OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (Intel Core i5, 4 GB Memory, 2.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 288mb Ram, Intel HD Graphics) using fcp 7.0.3 with all updates.

I started using the program and marveling over my initial results and then boom entire computer crashes, black screen, fan still running. I shut it off, turned it back on, open project back up and and same result.

I have tried a re-install, deleting .plist for colorista, updated all software on computer and now I am just at a loss and have a client that needs a job delivered by this evening. Thing is I am working with super low light, under exposed footage and colorista was the only savior I had found to get the images looking decent.

Red Giant website is telling me that my computer, OSX, and fcp 7 is capable of running Colorista so I think it should be able to run this program.

Any in-site would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Colorista II crashing entire computer with fcp 7
on Jan 8, 2015 at 3:53:28 am

Do you happen to have it in a FAVORITES folder? Favorite Effects? It always crashes on me when i apply it from a favorite folder, rather than the main EFFECTS PALATTE. Dunno why...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brad Bores
Re: Colorista II crashing entire computer with fcp 7
on Jan 8, 2015 at 12:33:45 pm

I was just applying it from the main effects palate. It would allow me to apply and even color correct clips. It started to crash when I would reopen a clip that already has the effect applied or if I go to render the sequence. I actual cc'ed the entire project just cant get it rendered out or tweak anything.

My computer has also started to act funny and hard crash on quicktime playback and in fcp without even using Colorista the past day. I ran Apple diagnostics last night and a memory error came up. Im thinking/hoping it is a RAM issue. I was planning on upgrading my RAM anyways so I am going to buy an upgrade today and see if that solves the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]