FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Share - Time Remaining Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Longfield
FCP Share - Time Remaining Question
on Jan 5, 2015 at 10:30:33 pm

On two of my work computers that have FCP-7, when i try to use SHARE to burn a DVD, the Time Remaining and Time Elapsed always says: "Calculating" and never gives an actual time...and subsequently never burns a DVD.

Has anyone else experienced this? (never gives the time - it just says calculating.... ).

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Share - Time Remaining Question
on Jan 5, 2015 at 10:35:13 pm

I never use Share. I always use Compressor and then DVD Studio Pro.

BUT...I do know that Compressor 3.5 (the one that's part of Final Cut Studio 3) is broken if you are running the MacOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite)...And therefore SHARE might also be broken.

Only Compressor 4, that Apple sells separate, works. But it doesn't work in conjunction with FCP 7...so if you are running one of those OS versions you would have to export a self contained QT file, or QT reference, take that into the new Compressor, and then into DVD studio Pro. Or export a QT file and take that directly into DVD Studio pro, or iDVD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
on Jan 6, 2015 at 1:26:08 am

Thanks Shane. I'm running Mountain Line 10.8.3 on a lap top and Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a tower. I use Share because I'm putting more than 90 minute onto a DVD-5. I've always found Compressor 3.5 somewhat confusing. Probably because I don't use it often enough.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 6, 2015 at 1:42:05 am

#42 - Quick and dirty way to author a DVD

Shane's Stock Answer #42 - David Roth Weiss' Secret Quick and Dirty Way to Author a DVD:

The absolute simplest way to make a DVD using FCP and DVDSP is as follows:

1. Export a QT movie, either a reference file or self contained using current settings.

2. Open DVDSP, select the "graphical" tab and you will see two little monitors, one blue, one green.

3. Select the left blue one and hit delete.

4. Now, select the green one, right click on it and select the top option "first play".

5. Now drag your QT from the browser and drop it on top of the green monitor.

6. Now, for a DVD from an HD source, look to the right side and select the "general tab" in the track editor, and see the Display Mode, and select "16:9 pan-scan."

7. Hit the little black and yellow burn icon at the top of the page and put a a DVD in when prompted. DVDSP will encode and burn your new DVD.

THATS ALL!!!

NOW...if you want a GOOD LOOKING DVD, instead of taking your REF movie into DVD SP, instead take it into Compressor and choose the BEST QUALITY ENCODE (2 pass VBR) that matches your show timing. Then take THAT result into DVD SP and follow the rest of the steps. Except you can choose "16:9 LETTERBOX" instead of PAN & SCAN if you want to see the entire image.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Jan 6, 2015 at 2:26:13 am

Curious why you are choosing pan and scan in the first option.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:41:00 am

Well, that's old. Now I choose LETTERBOX AND PAN AND SCAN...to cover all my bases.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]