FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to crop out a specific region?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Kelly
How to crop out a specific region?
on Jan 3, 2015 at 3:44:54 am

I'm just wondering how to crop out parts of a clip. I know that the crop feature allows you to crop the clip into a smaller rectangle, but I need to cut out more irregular shapes, like an arm, to do things like complete a punch using an extension of the arm for a couple of frames. Anyone know if that's possible in FCP?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to crop out a specific region?
on Jan 3, 2015 at 5:33:25 am

Well, FCP comes with an 8-point garbage matte, but that's still pretty lacking. Avid has Animatte, that allows you to make a custom matte shape...FCP 7 and earlier doesn't have anything like that. There were the Paul Crisp 32 and 64 point garbage mattes...those were free...but YEARS ago. Might have to take this into Motion or After Effects.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jon Essex
on Jan 3, 2015 at 5:07:42 pm

Hi

Alex 4D did have a 16 point garbage matte which was free for FCPX. Worth a look.

Return to posts index

Matt Kelly
on Jan 4, 2015 at 12:53:49 am

Sadly, I'm currently using my school's software and they don't have any of those programs. Inconvenient, but I might just screenshot the frame I need and take it into photoshop. Hopefully it's not too cheesy. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 5, 2015 at 2:54:13 pm

The Paul Crisp multi-point mask tools are still out there and free; in 16, 32, and 64-point versions....... (ACK!) Everybody with FCP7 should have them.

So go here and get them

http://wiwutv51.com/finalcutpro/finalcut.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]