FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-installed FCP 7 but can't open it

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Longfield
Re-installed FCP 7 but can't open it
on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:17:25 pm

I had FCP 7, (FCP Studio 3), installed on a Mac laptop - 10.8.3. For some reason I could no longer access the effects & filters. I tried to remedy that situation but nothing worked so i decided to un-install FC Studio Pro 3 and then re-install it. I did that successfully. I brought the FCP icon onto my desktop and when I went to start it up I got the following message:

"The application can not continue because another application with an identical serial number is already running on another computer on your network."

Thing is I am NOT running that same FC Studio 3 on any other computer. It only ran on the laptop in question.

So my question is, how the heck can I get the FC Studio program to understand that I simply reinstalled it and am not trying to use it multiple times?

Note: at first I put the FCP icon onto my desktop and got the above message.
Then I trashed the icon off the desktop and was able to open FCP directly from the Applications Folder. But now it won't let me do that either. (It let me do it for a couple of days). (BTW: when i was able to open it and get into FCP 7, everything was working well, including the effects and filters).

I'm perplexed. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: -installed FCP 7 but can't open it
on Dec 31, 2014 at 4:11:35 pm

Try remove it with this software and then install it again.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
Re: -installed FCP 7 but can't open it
on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:47:43 pm

Thanks Dan. It actually started to allow me to open it again. Go figure. I did come across that digital rebellion software and will try it if the problem happens again. Thanks again and happy new year !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]