FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't get AVCHD to convert to QT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
can't get AVCHD to convert to QT
on Dec 29, 2014 at 10:20:19 pm

I have been out of editing for a while, but I am trying to convert some AVCHD clips from a Canon HG10 so I can preview them in QT X. I never used to use QT X and it seems a bit inflexible.

Is there a codec I can download for QT X and FCP 3 to ingest AVCHD? I have tried MPEG Streamclip and Handbreak, but neither one will accept the AVCHD file.

Is there something simple I am overlooking?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: can't get AVCHD to convert to QT
on Dec 29, 2014 at 10:59:33 pm

Clipwrap2 will convert the files to ProRes for FCP. divergentmedia.com. $50.

Or you use Log and Transfer to bring in the footage. Unless it's an AVCHD format that FCP doesn't work with, seeing that it was discontinued 3.5 years ago...this is an issue lately. If FCP can't do it...ClipWrap2 is the option I recommend. There are other converters out there, all paid versions...but this, in my experience, is the most professional.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Dec 30, 2014 at 4:02:30 pm

I tried the free version to test a clip, and when I converted, I had the same "clicks" in the audio that you get when you try to import this same type of AVCHD into QT X. But, when I moved it into Premier, it liked it.

I thin took the 1 minute clip and took it into premier CC and FCP 3, they both like it, but I had a noise floor I can't compensate for. There were lav mice running directly into the camera.

I am not convinced this software works. I am on Mavericks. Could it be the freeware version is not the full product? But, I should be able to open the converted file in QT and have it play without the clicks in the audio.

Thanks.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 31, 2014 at 1:00:07 am

QYX sucks...totally incomplete. Software that was started, and will never be finished, as Apple is moving to AV Foundation, and away from QT. So never rely on what it has to say, or how it treats media. The way PPro and FCP are reacting are correct.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Dec 29, 2014 at 11:00:08 pm

I use Clipwrap for AVCHD.

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Jan 9, 2015 at 2:29:58 am

free mts/m2ts converter , I fond in apple store, free and can meet your basic needs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]