FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting .caf to .aiff creates 6 audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Hall
Converting .caf to .aiff creates 6 audio tracks
on Dec 29, 2014 at 12:00:06 am

When I convert .caf files to .aiff and drag them on the timeline in FCP7, it puts them on six different audio tracks. I wasn't sure what this meant so I made a copy and deleted the audio on tracks 4-6 and copied the audio from tracks 1-2 two times to create 6 tracks to compare it to the first group (thinking that the audio tracks were just being repeated in the first group). They sound slightly different though, so I was thinking that maybe all six tracks are needed and deleting four of them deletes part of the song. Is this true? Does anyone know why dragging the converted .aiff files creates audio on six different tracks? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Converting .caf to .aiff creates 6 audio tracks
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:37:46 am

The .caf files that come with Sound Track Pro are surround. I am not sure of the track config but they are possibly Left, Centre, Right, LS,RS sub.

You might find some info on the Apple website. So the six aifs are just mono versions of a multichannel file. If you only need stereo you could throw away all but the Left & Right channels once you work out which of the six they are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]