playing audio in stereo and sampling rate question - FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
playing audio in stereo and sampling rate question - FCP7
on Dec 27, 2014 at 8:29:15 pm

Hi,

A couple questions about the audio in FCP7:

1- I am editing some music videos. The source footage has 48khz audio sampling rate. But i am replacing the entire audio track with a song which is 44khz. Should i change my sequence setting to 44khz or leave it at 48khz?

2- After placing the song in the audio track in FCP7, it was playing in mono when it should be stereo. it seems all the settings in FCP are stereo so i don't understand why it plays in mono. One thing i tried that seemed to work is i changed the PAN of the audio clip from 0 to -1 and voila the track played in stereo. However, the right and left channels of the audio are linked together, i don't know how to separate them. If i separate them, then i can change the pan on the right channel to +1 and keep the left at -1. But is that even necessary? For some odd reason it seems to be playing in stereo now even though the right and left channels are linked with a pan setting of -1.

Please let me know,
thanks

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: playing audio in stereo and sampling rate question - FCP7
on Dec 28, 2014 at 8:54:07 pm

"Should i change my sequence setting to 44khz or leave it at 48khz?"

you should convert the audio to 48k

"it seems to be playing in stereo now even though the right and left channels are linked with a pan setting of -1. "

yep, that's FCP way of designating Stereo on a Stereo clip.
+1 will reverse the left & right

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]