FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Tools Reverse Telecine Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Imran Virani
Cinema Tools Reverse Telecine Settings
on Dec 13, 2014 at 12:31:12 am

Hey guys I am AE-ing and need some technical help! If you can explain the science behind it as well I would really appreciate it.

Ok so the format of my footage is 1080i5994 100 Mbit 4:2:2 LG, 1920 x 1080 and it was shot at 29.97 now I need to get the frame rate to 23.98 because thats what most of the other footage is shot in. I tried conforming the file, but it slowed it down because of the frame rate difference. I then did a test run doing a reverse telecine and it work great, but I just dont know what the best settings would be for my format. Can anybody help me out with this pleaseeee?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cinema Tools Reverse Telecine Settings
on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:37:03 am

Don't use Cinema Tools. It's designed for footage that was shot on film at 24fps, telecined to tape at 29.97. Cinema Tools would then remove the pulldown and get it back to 23.98...and track all the film data.

OR...

It's used to take footage shot at a high frame rate, like 48fps, 60fps, 120fps...and "conform" it to 24 or 30fps so that it plays back slower...frame for frame conversion.

What you have meets none of this criteria. You are trying to take footage shot 29.97 interlaced, and make it work with footage shot 23.98. For this, you need to use COMPRESSOR. And you need to turn on the FRAME CONTROLS, set everything to BEST...and sit back as it takes a long time to do the conversion.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Imran Virani
Re: Cinema Tools Reverse Telecine Settings
on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:36:49 pm

Hey Shane,

Thanks a lot! I am gonna try it out. Appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]