FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Audio not Corresponding to Keyframe Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
FCP 7 Audio not Corresponding to Keyframe Settings
on Dec 6, 2014 at 12:09:07 am

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
My music selection is key framed to go up and down to allow for narration and interview audio all on separate audio channels.
My problem: The music is not corresponding to the key frame changes --- it comes in loud when it's not supposed to and is low or silent when it is not set for that volume.
I have shut the computer system down; shut the FCP program down; I have created a new project copying and pasting all the clips from the old to the new project; Replaced the audio with new clips and reset the keyframes but it still plays with chaotic volume settings.
In the past I used to trash preferences to try resolving problems. I can no longer find the "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist" anywhere to trash preferences now that I have upgraded to OS 10.7.5. I have also ran permission repairs with Disk Utilities on my Main CPU drive but I get no resolution to this condition.
What is going on and how can I resolve this?
Dan

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
Re: FCP 7 Audio not Corresponding to Keyframe Settings
on Dec 6, 2014 at 12:33:24 am

Disregard---this was a sequence timing issue from default and original sequence. When I made the new sequence with different sequence time settings it threw off the timeline timing, therefore key frame settings too----pilot error!!! "CRASH!!!"

I'm still curious how to trash preferences though if anyone knows.
Dan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 6, 2014 at 4:53:13 pm

Go to digitalrebellion.com. Download PREFERENCE MANAGER. Run it...check only Final Cut Pro. Click Trash.

Done.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:10:17 pm

And for problem audio. I like to use the FCP Render Manager. Use it to delete audio render files for the project.

It clears up a lot of strange behavior and adds an insignificant amount of time if you have to re-render audio.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]