FORUMS: list search recent posts

buying an Imac..does it come with Final cut pro x or do i need to buy it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Thurman
buying an Imac..does it come with Final cut pro x or do i need to buy it?
on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:28:56 am

I know that final cut pro x is an app that you usually have to buy, but is it possible to buy an imac that already has it installed? If not, what is the best computer to run final cut pro x? I'm a first time user of the software, but want to get good with it and make sure I have a proper set-up. I was looking at computers at Best Buy for around 1700 with 8GB, etc that I thought had it installed. I look forward to hearing your answers! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: buying an Imac..does it come with Final cut pro x or do i need to buy it?
on Dec 5, 2014 at 2:43:44 pm

You'll need to buy it. No Mac sold comes with FCX pre-installed. iMovie, yes. FCX, no.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:23:11 pm

You might be thinking of imovie, which used to be pre-loaded with new macs, I don't know if that's the situation today, but yes, you'll want to go to the online app store to buy fcpx, as well as Apple Motion and Compressor, for a complete package that can do most anything you'll need. There are some freeware packages you may also find useful, such as MPEG Streamclip, perhaps a few others will be mentioned by other commenters.

Return to posts index

Justin Thurman
on Dec 6, 2014 at 5:53:42 am

Which imac do you think is best for this kind of set-up? What do I need to get that will ensure everything runs correctly? Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]