FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 project opens FCP but doesn't load - other projects work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Glass
FCP7 project opens FCP but doesn't load - other projects work
on Dec 3, 2014 at 10:23:05 pm
Last Edited By Arturo Glass on Dec 3, 2014 at 10:57:31 pm

Up until last night, I was able to open this project (and previous versions of it) with no problem. For some reason, today FCP opens but doesn't open the project. And when FCP is open, I am able to create a new project, but not open anything. In order to open working projects I first have to quit FCP and re-open it. Does anyone have any clue what could be happening?

I already tried deleting preferences, deleting render files, and opening from a previous version of this project. Also ran Disk Utility on the media to see if something was corrupt, but nothing.

One thing I just tried is disconnecting the external drive with the media and opening the FCP project to see what happens. It opened, giving me errors for nonexistent media and render files, but this tells me it's not the project itself but maybe the drive or the media.

Any ideas on steps to take? I just rebuilt the directory with DiskWarrior but no luck fixing anything.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP7 project opens FCP but doesn't load - other projects work
on Dec 4, 2014 at 4:23:02 pm

Sounds like a corrupt project file. It happens.
That's why you save preveious versions of the project... so you don't have the reconstruct EVERYTHING. Just a small portion.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: FCP7 project opens FCP but doesn't load - other projects work
on Dec 19, 2014 at 9:13:20 pm

I don't know if you've solved this or not but I had this problem before and was able to get my project open by opening FCP with an empty project and then opening the problematic project from within FCP. I just saved a new project with nothing in it and named it EMPTY. It worked after that.

If you get it to work I would do a "save as" or copy everything into a new project if you can (it's a real PITA in FCP if it even works).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]