FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video looks bad on Vimeo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Video looks bad on Vimeo
on Dec 3, 2014 at 2:41:06 pm

I have some footage that looks okay on my timeline, and even after compressed for Web upload, but it doesn't look good after I upload it to Vimeo. It looks blurry and messed up. I would appreciate any feedback on this very much. The clip is below, and the problematic portion is from :02-:08. The confusing thing is the rest of the footage looks okay to me, and it's mainly that portion that looks blurry and flawed to me. Again it doesn't look messed up in FCP7 or after compressed in Compressor, only in Vimeo. Is this a Vimeo issue? Anyone know how to fix it, either in FCP or Vimeo? I don't know whether you have much control in Vimeo. Anyway I would really appreciate it because it's one of my best and first shots.
https://vimeo.com/107516014
Thanks a lot,
Neil

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Video looks bad on Vimeo
on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:42:21 pm

Neil your video is private and required a password to view it.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:49:52 pm

I took the password thing off SORRY!! And thank you for letting me know!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 3, 2014 at 8:06:24 pm

What's the frame rate at which the video was shot and edited? It looks like judder... which is a real term, and which manifests itself in horizontal motion at lower frame rates.

Plus, How did you encode for Vimeo? Following their specs?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:46:23 pm

I shot it on a Canon 5D Mk III at 1920 X 1080 @ 30 fps, and I did use Vimeo's specs I think. I've been compressing this way for a long time with these settings so I've kinda forgotten:
Quicktime 7 compatible, H.264 800 kbps streaming
Data Rate 7500 kbits/sec

But like I said the actual Quicktime looks fine, after it's compressed and before it's uploaded. Thanks a lot for the response Dave! Just let me know if anyone has more feedback on this, I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]